Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, July 9, 2012

Bangin Shrimp

Bangin Shrimp
Oh my this shrimp from Skinnytaste is good!  I modified the original recipe just a tiny bit in order to get it low carb (Skinnytaste is a low calorie/low fat website).  This Bangin sauce would be good on anything!  I made a double batch and used some of it to dip Deep Fried Cauliflower Bites in (recipe coming soon).  This sauce would seriously be good as any dip, sauce, on chicken, fish, etc.  My Hubs loved it as well, both on the shrimp and as a dip for the cauliflower.  The original recipe said to grill the shrimp but I wasn't feeling like going through the trouble so I threw them in a wok with some oil.  I'm sure it would have been better grilled but this sauce is so amazing, I really didn't care about the shrimp itself, it was just the things to put the awesome sauce on.  Can you tell I really liked it? :) P.S. Sugar Free Imitation Honey is pretty each to find.  It is at most major grocery stores and even Target.

5 STARS
4 servings
2 net carbs per serving


3 TBSP mayonnaise
2 TBSP scallions, chopped fine
1 TBSP chili garlic sauce
1 TBSP sugar free imitation honey
1/2 tsp Sriracha (aka Rooster Sauce)
40 raw large shrimp, shelled, deveined 
fresh cracked pepper
1 tsp oil of choice



Combine the mayo, scallions, chili garlic sauce, sugar free honey and Sriracha sauce in a small bowl.  Set aside.  In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium high.  Cook shrimp until barely opaque (maybe 2-3 minutes).  Pour mayo sauce over shrimp and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment